Dear Family Members of Flexpointe Studios Inc.
As a valued member of our dance family, we wanted to reach out regarding the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on our community and families.
We would like to reassure you that we are adhering to the Alberta Health Guidelines, as the health and wellbeing of our students, their families, and our staff are our top priority. We will continue to monitor and implement the local, provincial, and national recommendations as they’re announced.
We take pride in our facility and how it operates and would like to highlight the policies we have in place at the studio to help our dance families stay healthy and safe.
Prevention Steps in the Studio:
- Hand washing: We are recommending dancers wash their hands before and after class. This can be done by using the hand sanitizer at the front desk, your own personal hand sanitizer/wipes, or in the bathroom. We encourage frequent handwashing (for at least 20 seconds before rinsing).
- Discouraging close contact: We will not be giving hugs or hi-fives and are asking dancers to skip those as well.
- Surface Cleaning: We are wiping down frequently touched surfaces and equipment on a regular basis.
- Deep Cleaning: Deep cleaning takes place at the studio twice per week.
- Props: We will be suspending the use of any hand-held props in class (with the exception of those used in choreography). Props used on the floor such as spot markers and hoops will be handled by the teacher only. Hand sanitizer will be made available for hand washing following prop use.
- Sneezes and Coughs: We are encouraging dancers to cough and sneeze into their arms or in a tissue, not in their hands.
- Travel: Alberta Health is no longer recommending travel outside of Canada and are asking that “all Albertans returning from outside of Canada should self-isolate for 14 days, even if well”. We’re asking that any family travelling outside of Canada please follow these recommendations and not return to class until they’ve completed the 14 day self-isolation period. Competition Team dance families with planned travel outside of Canada are asked to contact Miss Melissa.
- Staff: Only staff feeling well (without symptoms) will be at the studio.
How you can help:
- Don’t bring toys from home.
- Don’t send your child to the studio sick or if a family member is sick.
- Children missing a class due to illness will be granted a make-up class upon request.
- Don’t break any formal quarantine/government restrictions.
- Encourage your child to cough and sneeze into their arm not in their hand.
- Alert us if your child does have COVID-19 and has been to the studio within the last 14 days so we can complete the necessary follow-up.
- Keep family and friends accompanying dancers to the studio at a minimum.
Info for Competition Team:
- An update will be sent out later today regarding our planned Showcase event tomorrow.
- No competition events that we will be attending have been cancelled to date.
As COVID-19 continues to be part of our daily conversations, we know that children will be talking about it too. Here are two pediatrician approved resources you can use to help them understand what is happening. Please review the materials before sharing with your children to ensure they are age-appropriate. Brain Pop and NPR are just two of the many resources out there.
In the coming days and weeks, we will continue to monitor the situation and pass along any pertinent information we gather.
At this time Flexpointe Studios remains open unless or until directed otherwise. Each family is encouraged to make their own decision about coming to the studio, please do what you feel comfortable with and what makes the most sense for you and your family.
The well being of our students and families is a top priority! Please know that we are here to address any concerns or issues, and are happy to hear from you on additional ways we can keep our community healthy!
Flexpointe Studios Inc.