We recognize the role and responsibility we play in reducing the risks of COVID-19 in our place of business. The health and safety of our staff and clients are of utmost importance to us. With the majority of our clients not being eligible for vaccination, we see it as important to keep risk mitigating measures in place this Fall.
While it is impossible to remove ALL risk, the measures in place will help to reduce risk for those that enter our facility and participate in our classes.
The Studio Safety Plan has been developed with the goal of reducing risk by making changes to our daily operations. Using the hierarchy of hazard control (Alberta Health, 2020).
- Elimination: screening, posting signage
- Substitution: hybrid class delivery
- Engineering controls: use of barriers, limited waiting room access, ventilation, access to hand hygiene
- Administrative controls: policies including personal protective equipment (PPE) use, physical distancing, class size restrictions, cleaning and disinfecting protocols, hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): masking requirements, staff measures.
COVID-19 Information from Alberta Health:
- General Guidance for COVID-19 and Othe Respiratory Infections, July 2021
- Stage 3: Guidance for Activities with Children 11 and Under, July 2021
- COVID-19 Public Health Recommendations for Environmental Cleaning of Public Facilities, December 2020
- AHS Website: Prvention & Protection: Covid-19
- Current Public Health Measures
- How to wear a non-medical mask
- Guidance for Cohorts, June 23, 2020
- Guidance for Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation – Stage 2, June 2021
- Guidance for Performing Arts – Stage 2, June 2021
- Guidance for Wearing of Non-Medical Face Masks for the General Public, Oct. 2020
- Alberta Health Daily Checklist, August 2021